News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Afishymeadow

The DYSONSPHERE from ST:TNG's "Relics". An abode of mysteries.

The DYSONSPHERE:

emot-iiam.gif

Was it built over centuries, if not millenia, or even millions of years?

Was it built in a day? Or less?

What of it's builders?

What level of science & technology must they have been, or are, at?

How does it work so efficiently?

How did it's builders construct it?

How does it maintain gravity, or maybe gravities, atmospheric pressure(s), day/night cycles, heat balance, etc, etc?

Would a species, or maybe groups of species, intelligent & powerful enough to build a Dysonsphere be so ignorant, blind, deaf & dumb to build such a thing around an unstable star?

Was the 1701-D's scan of the star within the Dysonsphere correct or a false scan, for defensive puposes, given the Enterprise by the Dysonsphere's managing computers?

The same applies to Data's surface scan.

I haven't seen “Relics” in a while. I could swear I remember Data's surface scans revealed no life. But I could be wrong, misremembering.

Was the 1701-D pulled into the Dysonsphere on purpose? Were the Dysonsphere's computers &/or it's builders/inhabitants “testing” Picard & crew somehow? And simultaneously studying the 1701-D & crew?

If the Dysonsphere's computers &/or possible inhabitants were examining &/or ”testing” Picard & crew, it wouldn't, doesn't explain why the derelict USS JENOLEN was ignored for the roughly 80 years it sat on the Dysonsphere's front door.

Speaking of doors, it's doubtful such an object would have only ONE entry/exit point. Wouldn't it have thousands?

Well, that would explain a civilizationless Dysonsphere perhaps. The computers ignored the JENOLEN after it crashed.

And if the civilization(s?) that built the Dysonsphere reside within(?), perhaps they leave only every few centuries or so & vice-versa Maybe the Dysosphere's surface relays them information from all over observable space Who knows

Who built it:

Iconians? T'Kon? Ancient Talosians? The Q? The Preservers? The aliens Gary 7 works for? The civilization whose comet-buried artifact devolved the 1701-D crew?The H'urq? The Metrons? The Andromedan civilization who sent Norman & his fellow androids? The Xindi? The Cytherians? The Old Ones of Exo III? Who?

The DYSONSPHERE is another great mystery of STAR TREK, & science fiction in general.

emot-iiam.gif