News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Ado Mortumee

Bungie Aerospace Tradmarks "Crimson"

Newly created Bungie spin-off company Bungie Aerospace has trademarked the word "crimson" in connection with "Computer game software for use on mobile and cellular phones," as well as "Downloadable computer game software via a global computer network and wireless devices." What could it mean?

The incorporation of of Bungie Aerospace was revealed earlier this week, with Bungie president Harold Ryan listed as the new company's director, but we don't have a lot of clues as to what the spin-off is actually working on or even what it really is. We know that Bungie itself has signed a 10-year publishing deal with Activision, but no information has been released as to what the plan is there.

Considering some recent employment ads from the company, and reading between the lines of a quote from Bungie writer and designer Joseph Staten at GDC 2010 ("Wouldn't it be great if we could make a world that was always there for you, with lots of stories to tell, like a big, infinite storytelling horizon? Man, that would be great.") could suggest some kind of mobile phone MMO... but that's totally speculation. Another theory: Bungie Aerospace is working on a unique game engine. Another speculation, it's actually an aerospace company, that will create a game that launches you into space.

Sadly, I can't tell you: "Just wait for E3, where Bungie will reveal all these theories as ridiculous!" because Bungie won't be showing up at the Electronic Entertainment Expo. More info as we get it, obviously. Stay tuned.

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/712579/bungie-aerospace-tradmarks-crimson/

Looks like their going the MMO route after all. This angers me because of my horrible internet connection.