News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Mith

Imperial Star Destroyer Quantification Thread

Well, I think it's time we get to work to quantify the ISD, maybe even sticky this so the information can be ongoing and we have a reference to look back to. So, anyone want to start?

Well, we know the sizes. They range from the 900 meter Victory Class (Significantly smaller than the 1341 meter D'Deridix Class Warbird) all the way up to the 19Km Executor Class. So that should get us started at least.

What? You don't find this to be a worthy endeavor?

Not really since no one will agree on the numbers. Warsies agree on the large figures and Non-Warsies go for the minimum.

Well, this IS a debate. Disagreement is generally assumed.

Yes but circular arguments gets us nowhere. smile.gif

Yes it does. It increases our post counts.

True. Then let me start off by saying that the ISD has uber shielding with a peak rating of 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999TW and turbolasers rated at 43987579578974895787878942304832049830294830298403298502875048509485092840983513056486464098704311032106586687313TW.

Not really since no one will agree on the numbers. Warsies agree on the large figures and Non-Warsies go for the minimum.

I don't agree.

I'm not a warsie, and have no issue with a 1600meter long ISD, or a 17-19km long SSD...

Non-Warsies with no sense of scale go for the minimum, like the 8km WEG number for the SSD... harhar.gif

Exactly. As far as the sizes go, I was going by the sci-fi ships scale charts. The smallest ISD was 900 m and the largest SSD was 19km.

Exactly. As far as the sizes go, I was going by the sci-fi ships scale charts. The smallest ISD was 900 m and the largest SSD was 19km.

The one with everything from the Apollo CSM to Unicron? That site is awesome.

Star Destroyers: Their big, pointy, and they shoot things a lot.

ship101024x768.jpg

Looked better at SB.

In any case, the explosions are horribly inaccurate, but the picture looks nice.

As far as quantifying the Imperial, we know it uses a fusion reactor (a rather big one at that) and it has a lower estimation of at least 400 kt, easily 1.5 mt and probably a bit higher, givne said calculations are based off her old model the Venator, so chances are either upper single digit mt or low double digit around say 10-15 mt.

Looked better at SB.

Agreed. Looked far better when it could take up most of the screen

As far as quantifying the Imperial, we know it uses a fusion reactor (a rather big one at that) and it has a lower estimation of at least 400 kt, easily 1.5 mt and probably a bit higher, givne said calculations are based off her old model the Venator, so chances are either upper single digit mt or low double digit around say 10-15 mt.

Fusion Reactors? No, they use Hypermatter reactors as mentioned in many canon sources such as The Death Star and the ICS books (and no, I'm not getting into anything over firepower from the ICS books).

Agreed. Looked far better when it could take up most of the screen

thumbdown.gif

Fusion Reactors? No, they use Hypermatter reactors as mentioned in many canon sources such as The Death Star and the ICS books (and no, I'm not getting into anything over firepower from the ICS books).

No, the Imperial IIs were the ones with hypermatter reactors. The ICS is incorrect that the Imperials or the Venators used hypermatter; they used fusion.

No, the Imperial IIs were the ones with hypermatter reactors. The ICS is incorrect that the Imperials or the Venators used hypermatter; they used fusion.
Evidence is your friend, use it you must

Complete Cross Sections has both Is and IIs as having hypermatter.

Actually, I was mistaken. It's explictely stated by the Star Wars Databank from the Force Unleashed that the ISD runs on Solar Ionization reactors.

You also find them in TIE fighters... rofl.gif

Complete Cross Sections has both Is and IIs as having hypermatter.

Highly unlikely given that the Battle Lance exploded when it tried to adapt a hypermatter reactor to a ship of its size in Death Star. I would also ask what ICS you're getting this from.

EDIT: Oh wait, Complete Cross Sections.

In that case, please post the material.

Highly unlikely given that the Battle Lance exploded when it tried to adapt a hypermatter reactor to a ship of its size in Death Star. I would also ask what ICS you're getting this from.

EDIT: Oh wait, Complete Cross Sections.

In that case, please post the material.

It was a new version of the Hypermatter reactor being tested for the DS that exploded.

So it was not a normal Hypermatter reactor.

It was a no version of the Hypermatter reactor being tested for the DS that exploded.

So it was not a normal Hypermatter reactor.

No, the Battle Lance was in the novel Death Star. It tried to use a hypermatter prototype and was promptly vaporized upon bringing it online. So yeah. I don't think that really works.