News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
  • Chatbox

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.
Sign in to follow this  
Tyralak

Section 31 series

So, between this, the upcoming Picard series, and the animated comedy "Lower Decks", it looks like we've entered a new Era of Trek.

I agree. This could be a golden age. That is if the haters don't ruin it for everyone.

Eventually, we'll probably see the same things we saw with the TNG era - there will still be those who bitch and moan, while the new stuff is gradually accepted.

I just hope "Lower Decks" doesn't include any 4th-wall breaking.  Because the backlash against that would be enormous.  But, since the head writer of Lower Decks is a huge Trekkie himself (his cat is named Riker)... we probably won't have to worry about that.

Also, if they DO make another animated series after "Lower Decks".... well, here's what I hope they do.

Make it a Dominion War side-story, and have three sub-plots.  Sub-plot 1 focuses on a Starfleet Fighter Squadron.  Sub-plot 2, on Klingon ground troops, maybe a tank battalion or something.  And Sub-plot 3 will center on a Romulan black ops team.  Eventually, the three subplots converge at the final battle of the war, the Battle of Cardassia.