News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
  • Chatbox

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.
Sign in to follow this  
Khas

Star Trek: Discovery Orbital Bombardment

Courtesy of the Terran Empire - the Mirror Universe version of the United Federation of Planets.

On 1/23/2018 at 1:32 PM, IkaikaKekai said:

Sadly, I don't think I'll watch Star Trek:Paywall.

I'm waiting for the season to wrap up than I'm gonna binge the first season on the "All CrApccess" free trial and hope they use a more sensible distribution method in the future. Until then I've just been picking up a few details here and there, like the above clip on youtube.

Huh. Well, I didn't really think Discovery alone could float that crazy overpriced service, but if it did enough for long enough to get them what they want, I guess that's that, at least for the near future. The last time I looked at the prices for streaming services, CBS was kind of by itself with comparatively ridiculous prices. Unless they can maintain strong interest in exclusive content it'll have to go down eventually, no? I don't even watch TV (seriously, I live in the sticks with no basic signal available, and I'm too cheap to pay for this overpriced "rented" crap, I borrow from the library or buy DVDs when I actually find something I want) so I don't know what all is available to motivate people to willingly bleed money for these services. I guess that's the thing, like the "Triple A Video Game Studio" analogy with loot boxes and what have you, if enough people are willing to cave and shell out the cash, there's nothing to stop them from jacking the price. Ah well, so it goes, I don't mind being patient for the better deals.

Thanks for the link, seeing the numbers certainly puts it into perspective. Hey, if it works it works, but I ain't gonna pay it!