News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Tyralak

The Expanded Universe and What counts as Star Wars canon?

Brian lays it out succinctly and plainly, as usual. This is what I've always felt, and quite frankly, I can't imagine how there can be any serious argument otherwise. Without resorting to SDN Troll Logic, of course.

The official canon policy does include everything up to the novels and games, you reckon George is being absolutely literal with his statement? 

Well one way or another the EU will be largely irrelevant the moment the first new SW movie comes out and completely chucked out the window as more movies are made.

I see a new EU with Disney dictating a new canon policy if they even bother to make one.

Personally I think its perfectly okay to either dismiss or use the EU, it is official, even officially canon, but at the same time George doesn't give a dam for it. 

• Like 1

I'm sure we all know by now, but I'm just adding it here for posterity. The canon policy has been revised as of April, 25th, 2014. All of the EU has been purged. http://www.starwars.com/news/the-legendary-star-wars-expanded-universe-turns-a-new-page

The policy is pretty straightforward. The films, TCW, Rebels, the books written after the change, starting with "A New Dawn", and games after the change. (With the exception of The Old Republic, which is still classified as "Legends").