News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!

He talked to me about this a while back. I completely understand his reasons, and am grateful for his work and participation. I will still post links to his videos on a regular basis, and link to his site.

• Like 1

So, we're back to toropodes maeking smell problems, then?

(If you were here in 2009/2010, you'd get that joke.)

• Like 2

It refers to Jason (unless you're just joking about not getting it), and how he would misspell everything.  Torpedoes were "toropodes", small was "smell", and would often be used to describe a problem "small problem " = "smell problem", and "make" was often "maek".

• Like 1

So, we're back to toropodes maeking smell problems, then?

(If you were here in 2009/2010, you'd get that joke.)

Well if he continues making videos people could still discuss them here

• Like 1

Brian has familial obligations.  An 11-month-old daughter, and another kid on the way.

It refers to Jason (unless you're just joking about not getting it), and how he would misspell everything. Torpedoes were "toropodes", small was "smell", and would often be used to describe a problem "small problem " = "smell problem", and "make" was often "maek".

He sounds like a fucking cloest boy.

• Like 1

SCVN appears to have called it a day too.

The time spent agonizing over whether it is magic that destroys asteroids threatening ships because the visuals are inconsistent with vaporization or magic that allows for the safe production of the energy to vaporize said asteroids in a manner totally consistent with science and trying to make sure there is no possibility for misunderstanding an argument (and repeatedly failing) could be better spent writing something original, planning a DnD campaign, not consistently leaving the house an hour later than I intended because I thought it would only take a few minutes to make a thorough reply or just going to bed.

Brian's videos are entertaining and occasionally offer a new and interesting way to connect the dots of various universes but in the end it's just trying to learn physics from an Mc Escher drawing or anatomy from Picasso. I'm tired of bickering over what is the right way to interpret a scene or what sources trump each other. The what if universe A's technology worked in such and such way and what would or wouldn't be the consequences of it questions still intrigue me but not enough to spend 30 pages on a single topic like shields.

The time spent agonizing over whether it is magic that destroys asteroids threatening ships because the visuals are inconsistent with vaporization or magic that allows for the safe production of the energy to vaporize said asteroids in a manner totally consistent with science and trying to make sure there is no possibility for misunderstanding an argument (and repeatedly failing) could be better spent writing something original, planning a DnD campaign, not consistently leaving the house an hour later than I intended because I thought it would only take a few minutes to make a thorough reply or just going to bed.

Brian's videos are entertaining and occasionally offer a new and interesting way to connect the dots of various universes but in the end it's just trying to learn physics from an Mc Escher drawing or anatomy from Picasso. I'm tired of bickering over what is the right way to interpret a scene or what sources trump each other. The what if universe A's technology worked in such and such way and what would or wouldn't be the consequences of it questions still intrigue me but not enough to spend 30 pages on a single topic like shields.

Fair enough. Nobody wants to write/read 30 pages of the same topic going round in circles lol. 

Vince, on 11 Jun 2013 - 2:26 PM, said:Fair enough. Nobody wants to write/read 30 pages of the same topic going round in circles lol. 

a9578399_Businessman_Holding_Gun_To_His_